- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy
- Sex Therapy
- Newlyweds Package
- Couples Intensives
Tele-Therapy appointments for Maryland Residents
SEX THERAPY (INDIVIDUAL OR COUPLES)
- Pelvic Pain Disorders (Vestibulodynia, Vulvodynia, Vaginismus, Pudendal Neuralgia, Dyspareunia)
- Anxiety with sexual activity or penetration
- Aversion to sexual activity or penetration
- Unconsummated Marriage
- Differences in Desire
- Low Desire in Women
- Infidelity/ Affairs
- Intimacy and Relationships
- Male sexual dysfunction (Erectile Dysfunction, Premature Ejaculation, Low Libido, Performance Anxiety)
- Sexual Trauma and Sexual Abuse
- Sex Addiction or Compulsive Sexual Behavior
- LGBT concerns
- gender and sexual orientation concerns
Our training in sex therapy is something that differentiates us from other psychotherapists. Some people come to see us with sexual issues as their primary complaint, but most are just happy to know they can discuss how their sexuality and sexual functioning have been affected by the other problems they face.
Much the same as other therapies, sex therapy is a much broader field that looks at the influence of psychological, emotional, relational, physical and sociological aspects of our lives on our sexuality and sexual functioning. Our sex lives are connected to everything that makes us who we are. Our early experiences in our families of origin, our perceptions and feelings about our bodies, our physical health and wellbeing, the cultural and religious communities in which we were raised, our personalities, and our intimate partnerships: all facets weave a tapestry that affects the way we live and experience our sexuality, and may have an impact on sexual concerns.
In this practice, behavioral interventions are only used in the context of this holistic approach. There is no sexual or physical contact involved in sex therapy; it is strictly a talk therapy.
It is extremely important to get a thorough medical evaluation from someone who is well versed in sexual care. We almost always refer our clients for a medical evaluation and oftentimes a pelvic floor evaluation in order to have the most holistic care possible. The latest research published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine shows that sexual dysfunctions are most effectively treated with psychotherapy and medical interventions together.
- communication problems, arguing over the same things over and over, blaming, irritability
- feeling disconnected, drifting apart, feeling like room mates
- infidelity, affairs, trust
- conflict over extended family, children, parenting, in-laws, chores, finances
Couples come to see us at various stages of their couplehood, from the dating phase through long-term partnership. They find themselves feeling unhappy, angry, disconnected, unable to resolve conflicts, or just stagnating. Commonly, couples are grappling with whether or not they want to stay together. For some, the decision has been made to separate, but they wisely want to work on partnering as divorced parents. Our approach is to work collaboratively in a non-judgmental atmosphere to explore the couple's vulnerabilities, to understand their patterns and to explore the possibilities of healing the rift and repairing the connection.
Many people avoid seeking couples therapy. Some feel hopeless and cannot imagine how couples therapy could possibly help, others want to come in but their partner refuses. Whether you are experiencing intimacy issues, incessant fighting, communication problems, parenting conflicts, the disclosure of an affair, help is out there. We will work with you to navigate the complexities of your relationship, to build upon your strengths and resources and to help you find clarity and calm.
NEWLYWEDS INTIMACY PACKAGE
- Are you recently married?
- Is sexual intimacy new for you?
- Would you like things to go from "okay" to "great"?
- Or have you been married for a while but still don't seem to "get" what all the hype is about?
Do you want a few hours with a sex therapist?
3-session Package specially for people to come in to get their questions answered and work out the confusion!
What you can get out of 3 sessions:
- Ask anything you ever wanted to know about your bodies, sexuality, sex, pleasure, etc.
- Get tailored advice to fit your circumstance and your relationship
- Learn about sexual response, erogenous zones, orgasm, and how to pleasure one another
- Develop strategies for dealing with differences in desire
- Learn how to feel more positive, self-confident, relaxed, and excited in the bedroom
- Increase your desire and lengthen the duration of intercourse
- Learn what will really work for you during foreplay and how you will become more aroused.
- Need help from an expert?
- No time for weekly therapy?
- How does an intensive work?
- Intensives can be 2 hours or 3 hours in a row.
- This enables us to work through many past issues at one time without having too much disruption. This is a great method for previous issues with trust or affairs. We take breaks, so it is definitely manageable for everyone involved. Most couples find that they feel great after the two to four hour session and have really had the opportunity to spend a good amount of time talking about their issues.
- Couples are taught tools that they need to resolve future issues at home. Intensive therapy can be just as effective or even more effective than traditional weekly therapy.
- This method is ideal for people with busy work schedules, from those who live out of town or have no expert near them, or for those experiencing a crisis in their relationship.
Call to schedule your intensive today!
- Availble to Maryland residents only
- Is it hard to make all your appointments at the office?
- Do you travel for work or live far from my office?
- Perfect for snow days or days with poor weather
- Perfect for those days when you are feeling a little under the weather and do not want to pay for a late cancellation. You can have a visit from the comfort of your own home!
All first appointments are made in person, but we am happy to supplement in-person appointments with tele-health appointments. I use a HIPAA compliant software and document your visits as 90834-GT or 90837-GT. Be sure to inquire how much your insurance company will reimburse for these two codes so that you may make an informed decision before scheduling a tele-health visit.
*Please note that insurance companies may reimburse these sessions at a lower rate than office visits. If you are interested in this feature, please contact me and we can discuss this option further in your first appointment to determine whether it is appropriate for you.
**Please note that this feature is not appropriate for all types of clients and client issues.
Current Clients: Download the software VSEE HIPAA-Compliant Telemedicine Platform to your computer here!